This is the homepage of the Yunguseng Dojang. 연구생 Yunguseng or also written Yeongusaeng is
the korean term for what most of us know by the japanese term Insei. Dojang (Dojo) means ‘special academy’ where people study Go seriously.
The system is called Yunguseng for two reasons:
1. It's based on the real Korean Yunguseng system.
2. We study Go as seriously as the Korean Yunguseng.
The 18th season has just ended! The 19th season is going begin on 4th September. Register now and get the free access to the lecture library until the season begins!Registrations
The Yunguseng Dojang has 5 key points:
1. 5 games a month on scheduled dates and all games will be personally reviewed by In-seong and co-teachers 2. Nine live, interactive lectures each season 3. All lectures and reviews are recorded live and available for viewing anytime 4. Personal Go reportafter the season to check your style of play, strong point & weak point. 5. Play competitive games with various level opponents. It gives a feeling like joining an offline tournament
Please check out the Flyer tap to see how the Yunguseng system works! And check out three free lectures in the lectures tab!
I always believed that there is the best way to become stronger at Baduk (Go). When I was Yunguseng (Korean-insei), I went to a professional Baduk Dojang (Academy) every day from 9 am to 10 pm. And on weekends, there was a Yunguseng league. So I had no time to think about something else... I know that you can't spend that much time like this because Baduk might not be the only hobby for you. I remember what I have done every half day long: I played, reviewed and studied new skills. It's nothing special, you could have guessed it already. Those three things were the reason how I've got to 7dan level.
(1) Get your game analyzed It's the most important thing if you want to become stronger. Personally, I believe that this is the most effective way to learn Baduk. If you don't find your mistakes, you'll keep playing the same mistakes over and over again. There should be someone who can judge your move and correct it to a better way. All your Yunguseng league games will be reviewed by In-seong with video!
(2) Lectures After you've corrected your mistakes, you should study new skills. Without studying new skills, it's like just standing at the same place. I have lots of experience with more than 300 lectures. Especially, I have my own special lecture papers which come with variations and explanations. It will help you even much later after the lectures are over.
(3) System When I correct people's mistakes, then usually, they immediately understand. It seems they definitely realize their mistake. But unfortunately, they keep playing similar mistakes again. I know why. It's because they didn't take the time to get used to that move or deepen the intuition. When you learned a new move or a new theory, you should have time to apply it to your own Go. If you miss this time, it will vanish. This Yunguseng system will make you keep playing well-concentrated games and will give you the time to apply the new theories to your own Go world!
So I hope you don't miss this opportunity to get a real benefit and increase your Go strength!
In-seong Hwang, 8dan player
All your games will be reviewed by In-seong through recorded video.
The lectures are recorded too, so you can watch them whenever and as often you want.
Yunguseng has an own rating system, it will show your improvement each month.
The system will make you apply the lecture topics in your games!